Poinsetties: Beautiful or Deadly?

Poinsettias are a popular and lovely holiday decoration. But did you know that they can also cause skin rashes? Some people are mildly allergic to poinsettias and the milky sap that they produce when a leaf or stem breaks.

You may have heard the rumors that poinsettias are fatal to pets if ingested. Lucky for you, this is a myth! You might want to keep it out of reach of curious canine mouths, because poinsettias can cause mild allergic reactions (similar to the rash it might produce on humans) such as diarrhea or even vomiting in severe cases. But poinsettias are not toxic to pets.

So decorate with this festive and beautiful plant this holiday!

No comments: